Police Reports: We would like to urge all residents to file a police incident report when they notice that their private property has been stolen or vandalized. Even if there is little hope for recovery of the item, a police incident report formally documents the crime and may prove to be useful in the future.
If you see something, say something! Please stay alert and report any strange activity to the Horry County police. Unless it is an emergency, we’d ask that you use the non-emergency line 843-248-1520, so we protect the 911 line for truly emergent situations. Also, please document any strange activity you notice on your property or in the common areas with photos (on your camera phone, for instance). The photos could be useful in a future investigation.
Unoccupied Homes: If your home is unoccupied, consider having friends or a management company check on it periodically.
Gate Access: If someone you do not recognize or expect calls your home requesting access at the gate, please do not allow them to enter.
Tailgating: Please do not confront people that you suspect might be trying to tailgate at the gate. You never know what kind of situation you could encounter, and your safety come first!
- Per the Windjammer Village Rules, all golf carts are to be marked with the appropriate lot number.
- The SCDMV mandates that all golf cart operators must have a valid driver’s license AND be at least sixteen years of age.
- Golf carts should be locked and garaged, if possible.
- If you do not have a garage, please use a heavy chain to secure your golf cart to an immovable object.
- If your golf cart uses the universal golf cart key, you may want to consider having it re-keyed to use a specific key.
- If possible, remove one of the golf cart batteries, and please do not leave your key inside your golf cart.